When? Friday 8th June 7pm – Saturday 9th June 2018 7pm
Where? Leuven (AE Offices)
LEUVEN SMART CITY & OPEN DATA HACKATHON
- Data Science Track: let’s solve a few concrete challenges with available data, to make Leuven a better and a smarter city!
- Air Quality in Leuven: we can use the data of the LeuvenAir (fine dust: PM10 en PM2.5 – mainly fire, smog), and maybe the Option project and visualise these. CurieuzeNeuzen (NO2 – mainly traffic) data will be for later this year.
- Parking in Leuven: we can improve on the CirculAid project (LCIE PiP City of Leuven with KULeuven students) to show real-time parking data (Smart Flanders data) and hopefully improve the city’s ZoNaarLeuven campaign.
- Green / hot zones in Leuven: we can use the Leuven GIS data to show where the green areas in Leuven are and combine these with the air quality data; as well as compare where the green areas in Leuven are with how the Leuvenaar feels about the green in the city and his of her neighbourhood.
- Demographics & Neighbourhoods
- More ideas welcome 🙂
- Ideation Track: based on an overview of the focus domains* for Leuven Smart City on one hand, and the available (open) data for the City of Leuven – Flanders – Belgium – Europe on the other hand, let’s look at what challenges could / should be solved next, what existing data sources we can think of and what extra data is needed to solve those, what applications the City needs, …
- Leuven climate neutral with Leuven2030
- Leuven tourism with Visit
- Boring Track: let’s build an open data platform!
Subscribe via our Data Science Leuven Meetup page!
- Friday 19h-23h: introduction of use cases and datasets & let’s get to know each other over a drink and form teams (only if you want)!
- no sleeping over
- Saturday 9h-17h: hacking it 🙂 breakfast at 9am and lunch at 12.30pm!
- Saturday 17h-18h30: presentation of what the teams achieved & reception
- food and drinks will be taken care of (AE is sponsoring food & drinks)!
*Focus domains for the City of Leuven are:
- Optimising Flows (mobility & energy flows; information flows; circular economy)
- Smart Services
- Smart Health(&Care)
- Experience (for both citizens & visitors/tourists)